Calendar of Events and Appearances
(please scroll down for current and future events)
August 21, 2012, Write On! Radio at KFAI/Radio Without Boundaries, Minneapolis/St. Paul
August 22, 2012, at SubText: a Bookstore, Saint Paul, Minnesota
(You can purchase or order Blue Earth at SubText: a Bookstore.)
September 15, 2012
Women’s Focus on KUNM-FM in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Discussing the novel Blue Earth with host Carol Boss
(please note, the cover image here is not the image that appears on the book cover)
September 16, 2012
Bookworks in Albuquerque, New Mexico
(You can purchase or order Blue Earth at Bookworks Bookstore.)
September 23, 2012
SOMOS Sunday Salon (the Society of the Muse of the Southwest), in Taos, New Mexico
September 24, 2012
Santa Fe Radio Café on KSFR Radio in Santa Fe, NM
Discussing the novel Blue Earth with host Mary-Charlotte Domandi
http://www.santaferadiocafe.org/podcasts/?m=201209 (Scroll to September 24, 2012, 3rd podcast bar)
September 24, 2012
Collected Works Bookstore in Santa Fe, New Mexico
(You can purchase or order Blue Earth at Collected Works Bookstore.)
September 28, 2012
Breaking Borders: Poetry and Performance/ Opening Night
for the Albuquerque Cultural Conference at the Outpost Performance Space, Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Albuquerque Cultural Conference: Crossing Borders: Personal, Regional, International. Albuquerque, NM
I presented on various panels along with a stellar gathering of people from the Southwest and elsewhere. Schedule and more information at the links below:
October 3, 2012
The Loft Literary Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Anya Achtenberg reading from her new novel, Blue Earth, with special guests reading from the anthology The Chalk Circle: Intercultural Prizewinning Essays
October 18, 2012
Reading at New York University Bookstore in New York, New York
Flyer here: https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=1762dc4421&view=att&th=13a7a6941a37bd31&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_h8ho34lr0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_jyyIM95S49EUAwwPp8W33&sadet=1352498650640&sads=ycftzHNWWg4q5eb5qsgGV-hNo2o
October 23, 2012
Visiting Writer at Lebanon Valley College in Annville, Pennsylvania.
I conducted a class, did a writing workshop, and a public reading.
Calendar of Forthcoming Reading and Events:
January 17, 2013
Hennepin History Museum, 6:30 – 9 PM
An evening of poetry reading (and a little prose from me!) in the beautiful fireside reception room. Includes a look around the museum if you like, and a wine and cheese reception.
Maryland and Washington, D.C.
The Writer’s Center, Bethesda, Maryland
Reading from Blue Earth
The Writer’s Center, 4508 Walsh Street, Bethesda MD 20815
http://www.writer.org/ Details to be posted here at a later date.
March 22-23, 2013
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Keynote Speaker for the More Than Writing Conference
(website below to be updated at a later date; details to come on my other activities that weekend)
March 25, 2013
Southwest Minnesota State University
Reading (and discussion) from my novel Blue Earth.
April 19, 5 p.m.:
New York University’s Creative Writing Program’s
Spring 2013 Alumni Reading, Wine and Cheese Reception, and Book Signing.
58 West 10th Street, New York, NY
More information to follow.
The Stories of Devil-Girl (a novella) was published in June 2008 by Modern History Press. Buy your copies on Amazon.com, or from me at a reading or workshop!
Workshops and Classes
- January 19, 2009 I will teach two online class for Writers.com called Claiming Our Stories: Working with the Power of Autobiography and Autobiographical Fiction, Part One (the 4th go-round on Writers.com with Part One), and Part Two of this same course, for the first time online. Think about signing up as soon as possible. Details are at http://www.writers.com/achtenberg.html
- I have completed mentoring another small group of writers for Intermedia Arts’ Writer-to-Writer Program in Minneapolis, Minnesota for the Spring of 2008. The mentorship centered on deep work in character development in fiction and memoir, crossing borders into the mystery of your characters and discovering the unlived life of your characters.
- I will be starting to conduct independent workshops in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota in 2009, including my Writing for Social Change: Re-Dream a Just World Workshops. If you are located in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, and are interested in attending classes or workshops, please contact me.
- I will be a visiting writer, teaching graduate courses in May, at Northern Michigan University.
- Summer Workshops: June, 2009: Place and Exile; Borders and Crossings at Skidmore College for the International Women’s Writing Guild.
- I will be teaching workshops in August at the Cape Cod Writers’ Center’s annual conference.
- More to come.
For more immediately, please see audio files on the Readings, Interviews page from public readings and archived radio shows. Contact me if you are interested in arranging a reading for me, of fiction or poetry, in your community.